After the success of the original Caddy, Volkswagen got it spot on with this version. Following a makeover it now has more of a modern look both inside and out but it builds on the practical, cost-effective, and robust nature of the previous one. With the style overhaul, Volkswagen added some necessary class, quality, and refinement. The Caddy is as practical as ever; there are acres of space in the cabin, with lots of leg/headroom and a huge amount of storage space in the back. It has a 3.2 cubic metre capacity which is right in keeping with some of the class leaders. The asymmetrical rear doors open to around 90 degrees so it is easy to load up. When it comes to driving, the Caddy, just like its predecessor, is easy to operate. It handles well and there is a great driving position with excellent visibility. And as always with VW, there are some really good engines.
Look Out For
• Check that everything works as it should before buying it
What we like
• Lots of space in the cabin and a huge load capacity in the back
• Some models come with sliding side doors for easier access
• It doesn’t cost a fortune to buy or keep on the road
• There’s a decent amount of standard kit on board